Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Fall Semester II classes

One of the best things about Webster is that many of their education classes are eight-weeks long instead of the traditional 16. Not only will that enable me to take 18 (or more!) credit hours each semester, but I was also able to begin my graduate school program as soon as my husband, Rich, and I were settled in St. Louis.

So now, here I am, halfway through my first session for three classes:

  • Teaching Writing
  • Introduction to Technology for Educators
  • Educational Psychology
Each class takes place in the evening and is four hours long -- so three nights per week I am in class, which has definitely taken some getting used to. I always have to make sure I'm much more productive on the weekend, so that I can focus on school during the week, and I definitely am missing the time with Rich, but it's all going to be worth it. And, hey, if I'm going to be a high school teacher, I definitely have to get used to working long hours.

 I'll be sure to post more about each class as this blog progresses!

P.S. Did you know that Webster's mascot is something called a Gorlok? That's even weirder than a Billiken!


No comments:

Post a Comment